21.2.11

i'm sorry but London called me

Long time since we met at my last post and it's not so optimal, but I have a really good excuse to my prolonged absence and I wish I still were at this really really good excuse! So since last Thursday till yesterday (which means Sunday) I spent the craziest (in every sense of the word) three days in London. It was a really short trip but we (by "we" I mean me, my sister and my mum) had a really great time. Of course it wasn't the ideal vacation (scamper all day long) but for sure it left me wanting for more (it happens every time I leave London...I need to do something about that). You probably ask what can I possibly catch in so little time?! You'll be surprised to know that I did everything I planned to do, from all must sees for the "first time in London" tourist (my sister) to the all must purchase for the "came for short time" London buyer (me). I think that I better start tell it all from start.

As I said at the very first beginning of this post, London had to get us (ready or not) at the noon time of Thursday. we landed in London and before we noticed we were at the middle of an hasty shopping at the oxford circus topshop store holding a dozen hangers (with cloths of course) trying to figure out if we have been already in where we stand, or not.  
Later that day since we didn't knew London that much, when it was dinner time we decided to try our luck at soho. The problem again was that since we didn't knew London soho was a part of this "didn't knew" thing. So with no other choice we needed to trust the taxi driver and told him to take us to something "Italian" (we know how to be specific!). We didn't like where he brought us (too much fancy) but it gave us a reason to walk in the area until we have found pizza express.  
The second day started with a visit to the Madame Tussauds museum where we had a chance to
 be homies with Will Smith
  eat breakfast at tiffany's with Audrey Hepborn
And hang with the Beatles
 Lunch stop at Patisserie Valerie, I took the crock madam (They had it on their menu, can't say no to crock madam...)

After lunch we had it to Dover street visiting the acne store and the Dover street market store that even if you have  no intention to buy there anything it's a must have experience, just to see those runway pieces that known to you only from the web and the magazines, in real, worth it all. 

The third and last day was all rainy but it took more than that to disable us what that time wasn't our friend during that trip. Starting with a walk at the place of origin of punk aka Camden market, Try to absorb some culture and to find myself a pair of 1461 doc. martens (which been revealed as impossible) 

 After the market we continue on to Selfridges to see what left on the rack from the "bright young thing" project where I treated myself with a Rhea Thierstein flower hair ribbon.

 The second time at Topshop supposed to be just quick look to see if we didn't forgot to take something at the first time, but on the way to the way out escalators I bumped into some improvised stage in the middle of the store. I approached the stage to see better what it's all about and understand that some kind of  London fashion week related discussion (since top shop is the sponsor for some of the shows) is about to begin. So I decide to stay a bit, maybe they will be some intresting talking. To my surprise I found out that the ones who were going to talk were Zoe Patoff of the inside out Topshop blog and Susie Bubble from style bubble talking about LFW from a blogger perspective so as other blogger issues and answered some questions from the crowd. So of course I stayed to hear what they have to say.   
Later that evening we went to a Mexican restaurant called Wahaca (the soho branch). beside the fact that what I ordered was so spicy (even due I asked for not spicy at all, but my tongue is way to sensitive for this stuff, I blame her for all my suffer) that I couldn't focus at the taste of my dish, all the rest was really good and the design of the whole place is really cool and we got chilly seeds at the end (!!!) I don't know why I'm so excited, I can't eat spicy... 

That was our last London attraction, the next morning we woke up early morning and had our flight back. if I have to sum up this whole experience in three words I probably will say short and sweet, but since it's my blog and I can decide for myself how much words to use I will say that I will defiantly visit London again! (And won't buy three huge magazines, they make my suitcase to much heavy)
(Some Polaroid photos I took with my Polaroid camera on a Mary Katrantzou flayer)  

2 comments:

  1. big LIKE!
    loved your trip to London and your sweet outfit on the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the CUTEST thing in the multiverse

    can we please be best friends? hahaha

    I love your post,
    I love those pictures!
    I love love love love love love it all!!!!

    you are great

    <3

    ReplyDelete